Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Recipe: Macaroons

Tonight, I am making cookies. I will bring cookies to school tomorrow and share them with the third grade students. I do not teach a third grade class this semester. However, they still want to practice conversational English, and I enjoy talking with them. So every Wednesday, we meet in the school cafeteria and speak in English, and I bring something sweet to eat. It's a lot of fun!

Tonight, I am making a kind of cookie called a "macaroon." It is made with coconut and almonds. Here is the recipe:

My Macaroon Recipe:
-14 oz shredded coconut, unsweetened (in America - that's 5 cups. In Korea, it's about six 70g bags from Home Plus)
-1/4 bag mini chocolate chips (or one 70g Home Plus/Emart bag)
-1 14-oz can condensed milk
-2 egg whites
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 cup roughly crushed/chopped almonds
-3/4 tsp almond extract
-1 tsp salt

Directions:
Whisk egg whites and sugar until frothy. Add everything else in. Place ~1" lumps on parchment paper at 325 F for 15 minutes. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment